About My Water
We invite you to learn more about your water supply—including where it comes from and how it’s treated. We also provide regular updates on water quality, local projects, outages, and alerts, so you always have up-to-date information on your water.
Committed to Quality & Transparency
At Veolia North America, we take great pride in our ability to provide you with a reliable supply of drinking water that meets or surpasses the highest state and federal standards. Our teams work around the clock, rigorously testing and monitoring the entire distribution system so you never have to think twice when you pour yourself a glass of water.
In this section, we invite you to learn more about your water supply—including where it comes from and how it’s treated. We also provide regular updates on water quality, local projects, outages, and alerts, so you always have up-to-date information on your water.
Where Your Water Comes From
70% of your water supply comes from underground wells located throughout the county, while the remaining 30% is surface water drawn from the Lake DeFeorest and Letchworth reservoirs. Before it reaches the tap, the water is treated to meet safe drinking water standards.
Local Projects & Updates
Find out about upgrades and improvements in your area that are helping to ensure an efficient and reliable supply of drinking water.
Use our convenient map to pinpoint notifications in your area, including water outages, water quality advisories and more.
Water Quality Reports
Check out your local water quality report and see how we comprehensively test your water supply to ensure that it meets the highest standards.
About the Treatment Process
We treat both groundwater and surface water to remove impurities and our lab regularly tests the quality of water before, during, and after the treatment process. The specific treatment process differs depending upon whether the water is from our wells, Lake DeForest Water Treatment Plant or Letchworth Water Treatment Plant. For more information, please download your local Water Quality Report.